Reinstalling Orchid Medical Spa Software
These instructions will help you reinstall your Orchid software. It is first important to determine the version you are using before downloading from the website. Once you know this, then you can download the correct version for installation.
- To find your version of software, open the Help pull-down menu and select About, if possible. Your version number will be displayed in the upper section with the program logo as shown below. The major version number is determined by the first number shown.
- The following versions are available on our website:
- Version 13
- Version 12
- Version 11
- When you’ve determined your version of software, you’ll want to make a backup, if possible. This backup is typically not needed, but is good to have in case something unexpected, like a power failure, occurs during reinstallation. To create a backup, open the software and go to the File > Backup and Restore > Backup Database. You will be prompted to select a backup location to save the file. Make sure to choose a location you can easily find later. We recommend a USB flash drive or external storage device.
- Once your backup is created, you MUST uninstall the current version of your software. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Find Orchid in this list, highlight it, and then choose Uninstall.
- Browse to your program's file directory. Typically, it is located at Local Disk (C:) > Program Files(x86) > Orchid.
- Locate the folder, right-click on it, and choose Rename. Name it Orchid.old.
- Download and install your version of Orchid from the support website here.
- Once the installer finishes and the software opens again, the database should automatically be found. If it is not found, restore the backup created earlier by going to File > Backup and Restore > Restore Database > Restore Database from Backup.
- If necessary, update the software on any networked computers. All computers in a network running Orchid must be on the same version and build number. The update you just installed on this computer will be the latest release for your version, so you should have no trouble installing and connecting client computers. Repeat Steps 4-7 of these instructions on all client computers.
Did you find this article helpful?